Blue is the Warmest Color by Julie Maroh (3.5 stars)
Personal Enjoyment: ●●○○○
Writing Quality: ●●●●○
Art Style: ●●●●○
Rat Queens, Vol. 2: The Far-Reaching Tentacles of N’rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe, Roc Upchurch, and Stjepan Šejić (4 stars; full review)
Personal Enjoyment: ●●●●●
Writing Quality: ●●●●●
Art Style: ●●●○○
My reading goal for this year is 52 books. I set the bar really low for myself because I plan on really focusing on reading bigger books, as well as several graphic novels and many, many, many comics. On top of this, I also really want to focus on #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks, which is exactly what it sounds like. I also have several challenges specifically catered to make me pick up books that have been sitting on my shelf for a long time:
- a book I DNF’d
- a book I bought to read “someday”
- a book my boyfriend has been begging me to read
- a book I put off because of the hype
- a book I put off to read something that was more hyped
- a book I own 2+ copies of
- a book I received as a gift
- finish a series
- an anthology of short stories
- a book I’ve been putting off for the right “mood”
- a book I don’t remember what it’s about but the cover is pretty
- a “blind date” book
For the final challenge, I plan on gift-wrapping a selection of my TBR pile and picking one at random. I’ll probably do this for several other challenges just to make my TBR pile more exciting.
I’ve been in a weird reading slump for the past few months, but that’s pretty typical end/beginning of the year reading blues when I haven’t hit my reading goals and have to set new ones.
What are your reading goals for this year? How are you doing so far? Leave me a comment!